Why Hire Carlton Folsom?
Choosing an attorney to handle your case can be difficult. There are many attorneys out there: Some good, some mediocre, and some bad. A relatively small cadre of attorneys have extensive trial experience – many attorneys lack this attribute. Our view is that you should hire a “trial lawyer” - not a “file lawyer”. You need an attorney who will aggressively and professionally seek all necessary evidence and facts, in order to obtain a favorable result with a minimum of litigation. It is much more likely that you will obtain a favorable settlement, if the other side knows that your attorney is able and willing to skillfully try your case, if necessary. Sometimes, it is simply not possible to obtain a favorable result, without a trial. If you need to try your case, Carlton Folsom applies 26 years of trial experience in order to obtain the best possible result for you – his client.
Our demonstrated record of success includes the following recent results, obtained since 2015:
- A jury trial acquittal in an armed robbery case. After a two day trial, the jury returned a unanimous (12 to 0) finding of Not Guilty (Gwinnett County Superior Court).
- An award of virtually all of the marital assets and attorney’s fees of over $14,000.00, for the Wife and against the Husband, in a divorce case (Gwinnett County Superior Court).
- An award of over $14,000.00 in interim attorney’s fees and costs, for the Wife and against the Husband, in a divorce (Gwinnett County Superior Court).
- Dismissal of Child Molestation, Sexual Battery, and Burglary charges, after successfully bringing and arguing a Motion to Suppress (Barrow County Superior Court).
- An award of over $10,000.00 in attorney’s fees and costs, for the Husband and against the Wife, in a divorce (Gwinnett County Superior Court).
- A jury trial acquittal in a DUI case (Gwinnett County State Court).
- An award of over $9,000.00 in attorney’s fees, for the Father and against the Mother, in a child custody and child support modification case (Gwinnett County Superior Court).
- A favorable settlement for the Wife in a divorce case, where the parties had a successful small business. Settlement was reached after Mr. Folsom brought and won a Motion to Compel Discovery regarding the assets, some of which were not readily apparent (including an award of attorney’s fees for the Wife)(Forsyth County Superior Court).
An award of sole custody and $10,000.00 in attorney's fees to the Wife, in a divorce case (Gwinnett County Superior Court).
Judgment for the Wife in a divorce, awarding her permanent alimony, virtually all of the marital assets, and over $15,000.00 in attorney's fees (Gwinnett County Superior Court).
Motion practice in a criminal case, leading to dismissal of a charge of Aggravated Assault (Gwinnett County Superior Court)
Carlton Folsom’s results prior to 2015 include the following cases in numerous Courts:
- Dismissal of drug charges against an Air Force NCO/crew chief, which resulted in the dismissal of a top manager of the Air Force Drug Lab for falsifying test results (Carlton Folsom serving as Civilian Defense Counsel, General Court Martial, Barksdale AFB).
- An award of extensive child support arrears for a Georgia mother, against a NFL running back and NFL Rookie of the Year. The Father/NFL player was also incarcerated as a result of his failure to pay child support (Bossier Parish District Court, Louisiana).
- Jury Trial acquittal in a rape case, after jury deliberations of less than 30 minutes (Gordon County Superior Court, Georgia).
- Jury Trial acquittal in a statutory rape case, for an Air Force NCO (Carlton Folsom serving as Civilian Defense Counsel, General Court Martial, Barksdale AFB).
We start thinking about how to handle – and if necessary, try your case – when we first meet you. We apply our experience to obtain the best possible results for you – our Client.